Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow!



This is my garden. Seeing as we live on the 2nd floor of an apartment block, we don't have a lot of room to spare for my little plants. I have: a lemon tree (dwarf), lettuces (3x), tomatoes (2x), basil, rosemary, broccoli, zucchini and celery. [Sorry the photos are so dark -- they seemed quite a bit lighter this morning!]



But they still grow quite well (this is my buddy basil). This is the oldest plant I have and, as you can see, is getting quite woody. Will need to be replaced soon.


This is the ever pretty celery. Got it at a green market for quite the good price.


This is the tomato plant my sister gave me (one of two). They seem to be doing ok with the height difference, but we'll see :)


Lettuce plant! So handy and so big! Again, from a green market. It was convieniently planted with three types of lettuce, so it's like a mixed salad straight from the garden.



This is the beginnings of a beautiful friendship (my broccoli plant). I always stress that seeds won't grow so I overplant just about everything and then am always quite sheepish when they are so close together.

1 comment: