Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day




I am not really a Valentine's Day person. I suppose it has something to do my cynicism and the "overpriced" world we live in; the authenticity of such a holiday.

And yet, something in my post-modern soul tugs at my heartstrings, urges me to buy expensive gifts, spend oodles of money and write cards (which will just be thrown out) to those I love.

So this is me proclaiming that tomorrow? Tomorrow will be a beautiful, good day. It will be me letting the Boy sleep in, making him pancakes (his favourite breakfast item) and not pressuring too much to clean up the house. Because in the end, how clean your house is isn't what you'll remember. I may even clean it all today, even the jobs I hate, as a pre-emptive strike at V-day.

How about you? What is on your agenda on Valentine's day? Clue me in.

2 comments:

  1. I love St Valentine's Day (there is a St there that people forget ;p).

    I love expensive gifts as much as the next person, but what I really love more than anything is the gift of romance on that day. Writing poetry, making breakfasts, special moments remembered, gazing into each others eyes, a flower picked from the garden by a heart that's true...that's my kind of Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the Roman fertility festival of Lupercalia!

    I just find the whole card giving/gift giving a bit tacky. I think you should get gifts randomly, not just because you're reminded to love someone!

    ReplyDelete