Friday, February 19, 2010

Reading...

Spent the first half of the day pleasing other people -- marquees to erect (never managed it), coffee to buy (no time to make it), scones to make (didn't enjoy my first few bites), cleaning to do (make the house look presentable).

Now I'm spending the second half on me -- I've just finished "The Quilter's Kitchen" by Jennifer Chiaverini, and I'm about to start "Committed" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Both girly kind of novels, both enjoyable, both dealing with things I enjoy -- before my day gets busy again.

I often wonder how women do it. Any women, all women. Mothers, the motherless, women working 3 jobs, women unemployed. It seems in any position, all women are amazing creatures, doing what they (and their families) need to to survive.

And so many of them blog about it, so many of them share their stories to millions of other people around the world. If you're looking for a way to waste your afternoon, try All and Sundry, who I adore, or Dooce, who makes me giggle.

No stress, no agenda, no worries. Just me, a good book, and a bowl of pesto.


(Please note: if this was my lunch, I would buy myself a TV show. However, this is from Country Living).

No comments:

Post a Comment